Subject: Re: How to network
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/21/1997 23:54:49
<Dear All
<I have a dec MVII computer and two dec VS2000' the MVII has a TK50
<RA81, DEQNA. I also have a DELNI and NETBSD1.2C currently the question
<I have is how do I network these computers together? I have no
<knowledge of dec networking. Is there a HOWTO or FAQ out there
<on this subject? I also plan on upgrading to 1.2G soon.
<Any help would be much appreciated.
<
<David Heller

there isn't much majik as it's like PCs with eithernet.

The DEQNA outputs to AUI so you need a AUI->thin eithernet adaptor (DEC
calls it a DESTA) and the vs2000 is already (unless it's missing)has a thin
eithernet connector. between those two is a length of coax (1 meter minimum)
with the requisite tee connectors and terminators. additional PCs, vs2000s
or whatever are daisy chained.  that's the mechanics of hookup.

The how of running networking from NetBSD is very different than VMS or
and only similar to Ultrix. so I can't be helpful there.

Allison