Subject: Re: VS3100/38
To: None <paul@istation.com, port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eschenmoser Marcel <em@interconnect.ch>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/20/1997 16:58:03
Yepeeeeeeee!!!!!

My VAXstation 3100 is up and running!!

After installing the new version von S.u.S.E Linux (2.30.?) for the
bootserver I'm able to netboot my VAXstation 3100! It look's like the
version of bootparamd shiped with this version is very stable. At least I
had no problems with it (no kicking many times until it works!) I'll try to
figure out the difference between this one and the one from the netkit-0.09
or netkit-0.10.

Now I'll try to bring the system on to the internal disks.

So after a long time, many bottles of beer, frustrating reboots..... ;-) I
managed it.

>Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 12:27:28 +0000
>To: Paul Schuh <paul@istation.com>
>From: Eschenmoser Marcel <em@interconnect.ch>
>Subject: Re: VS3100/38
>
>High Paul
>
>Sorry, but I don't have any news. I'm still unable to boot all of my VAXen
over the mopd-service.
>It looks like the mopd server starts to transmit something, but
afterwards... ;-) My MV3300 abends with an other error and jumps back to
the >>> prompt.