Subject: Re: Is there a port for our vax??
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/19/1997 10:53:48
<We have inherited a DEC Vaxstation 4000 model 60.  Nobody knows or wants
<to learn OPENVMS so it is sitting idle.  A port of NETBSD would be
<greatly appreciated but I did not see our model on the supported list.
<Is there one available???
<
<Albin P. Dearing v

There may be check the web page.  Generally speaking a qualified maybe.
The Vax is a more or less generic CPU like 386/486/P5 but the peripherals
vary greatly.  So the ports that exist may be launchable on a 4000.

Based on my experience of trying to put it up on a microvaxII and not as a
developer. I'd point out that it's a relatively young port.  So the process
of installing it is at best buggy as hell and very do it youself.

Now I'd suggest you learn VMS as you may need it to download and copy to
tape and get it on a media that is supported.

Allison