Subject: Re: VS3100: success with netbooting, limited SCSI success
To: None <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/15/1997 05:13:30
>From: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
>
>Yes and No. /boot also relies on the standalone drivers, thus this is
>the reason for your problems. On the other hand, for just loading a
>kernel from your boot drive, you can use the builtin ROM routines.
>At the nboot-prompt just type: "rom(0,0)/kernel-name" if your kernel
>is on sd0. This works for me.

Yes, that worked for me too.  Thanks!  I was able to boot up and go
multi-user using rom(0,0)netbsd and my PIO-only kernel.

It did stop to ask me for a root device, swap device etc. and initially
started single-user.  I know how to hardwire the root device in the
kernel config...is there any way to fake things so that "book dka000"
will try to load from rom(0,0) instead of sd(0,0)?

Cheers,
entropy

This message may refer to a product containing software developed by
Christopher G. Demetriou for the NetBSD Project.