Subject: RE: finally....
To: 'Allison J Parent' <allisonp@world.std.com>
From: Paul Evans <paule@martex.gen.oh.us>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/14/1997 09:46:13
So, now you're to the easy part.. I've always found the easiest way to =
complete this step is to NFS mount a machine holding the tarballs. =
Mounted under someting like "/ins-tree" (you would "mkdir /ins-tree" =
followed by "mount machine:/path-to-tarballs /ins-tree" (this assumes =
the source dir listed in "/etc/exports" on the server)

Once the files are accessable, and all your installation partitions are =
mounted in the right order. You can \
"tar xfzv /ins-tree/tarball.tar.gz /path-to-root" for each file.

The slower way to do this is to FTP all the files to "/ins-tree" before =
untaring them (in lieu of being able to NFS mount).

(at least I think this is how I did it.. maybe tapes are easier after =
all.)

	-Paul