Subject: ftp problems w/miniroot
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gordon Zaft <zaft@ece.arizona.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/10/1997 12:34:50
Gang,
	I'm *still* trying to get this uVAX II up on 1.2G and I'm having
some problems.  Basically I get everything up to the point of trying to
ftp the binaries onto the machine.  The VAX doesn't seem to be able to
find the ftp server (it just times out).

The setup:

	A uVAX II with 16 MB, DEQNA, TK-50, DHV-11.  DEQNA is hooked via
an AUI cable to an AUI-10BaseT transceiver, which is hooked to a hub.  I have
a link indication on the hub.  I ifconfig'd this machine to 192.168.27.27.
	The ftp server is a PC running NTS TCP Pro's ftp service.  I've
got a link indication from that machine to the hub as well.  This machine
is 192.168.27.17.

	When I PING the VAX I don't get anything (not surprising, I assume
the miniroot doesn't have that functionality built in to respond) but I
do see a blip on the activity light for the PC, so I'm assuming the hardware
is okay.  When I attempt to FTP to the PC I get a blip on the activity light
for the VAX port on the hub, so I am assuming that the hardware there is
okay too.

	Any ideas what my problem might be?  And as an aside, I've tried it
with SQE both on and off on the VAX 10BaseT transceiver.  Which is correct?

	Thanks for any help y'all can give.

GZ