Subject: Re: vs2000 formatter....
To: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
From: Kevin McQuiggin <mcquiggi@sfu.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/08/1997 21:18:32
Hi Allison:

I've had general success in figuring out what the parameters should be in
TEST 70, and have successfully formatted a few non-DEC disks. I have some
formulas that are mostly self-derived that generally work.

Send me the specs on your drive and I'll check my handy chart with the
formulas that seem to work "most of the time". I've even had success with
old PS2 drives.

The only failure I've had is a Maxtor XT-1140, I can't get this to work at
all.

Kevin

--
Kevin McQuiggin VE7ZD