Subject: RX50 doesn't like multiple volumes
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/06/1997 23:09:44
  There seems to be something weird with the RX50 driver.  I can read one disk
just fine (I was dd'ing so I could have a backup of my DEC diag disks) but upon
removing the first disk and inserting the second the next dd command dies with

slowpokw:diags# dd if=/dev/rra1c of=disk3 bs=800b
0+0 records in
0+0 records out
0 bytes transferred in 1 secs (0 bytes/sec)

The console says:

raioerror
unit available (unknown subcode) (code 4, subcode 0)

I can read from ra1 once (my machine's RX50 drive 1) and ra2 (drive 2) once
and then can go no further.  I'm building the world right now so I don't really
want to reboot, although I would think this would fix the problem.  This is
with Ragge's kernel from two weeks or so ago (the "fixed" 1.2G kernel).

--
David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/