Subject: Re: ok, next!
To: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/05/1997 10:31:21
Allison J Parent wrote:

> Fall back, it does load the 1.2c tape.  So I load the 1.2c miniroot and
> ta da! it's up.  Now it talks about copying stuff, like the boot... if
> there is memory here, I'm a rank amature in the unix world.  So I know I
> have to configure the boot and root disk blocks but thats where my
> conceptual knowlege crosses the howto line.

  As I recall edlabel writes bootblocks so you shold be fine there.  Once you
have newfs's your new root partition and mounted it on /mnt, say, just say
"cp /boot /mnt".

> The assumption is that with 1.2c running I'll have enough tools to download
> 1.2g and cut a tape using netbsd.

  There's a bug in 1.2C that will prevent you from writing both tk50 files to
one tape; you must use two tapes.

--
David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/