Subject: delay() prototype?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/05/1997 11:21:22
Hi!

Well my vax is happiliy running my own 1.2G kernel for w ahile now, while
getting some abuse done (loadsa compiles, ftp's, etc) but it's steady
as a rock!

Kudos to all you guys out there who brought us this wonderful product..

nerdvax# uptime
11:12AM  up 2 days, 22:31, 1 user, load averages: 0.08, 0.11, 0.10

OK.. After my initial problem with 'ps' which (as I expected) was just
a mistake on my side (forgot a 'make includes') I'm now running
into something a little more vague..

I'm trying to build my own 'world' and all is going quite well, up to
the point of 'amd'. There I get a warning about different prototypes
for delay(), and because of the -Werror flag it exits there.

I've looked into this and it seems like 'delay()' is used in a general
fashion in /usr/include/machine/param.h, and some files in the 'amd'
also define their own delay function.

Clash and burn ;-)

This is relatively easy to fix via several ways, but I'm just wondering if
anyone else who has done a full re-compile has run into the same
problem..

								Bye Arno.
--
Internet Exchange Europe B.V.Fax: +31-70-3630470 | One disk to rule them all,
Lange Voorhout 9  	     Tel: +31-70-3600379 | One disk to bind them,