Subject: edlabel...
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/02/1997 15:41:08
Ok, some comments and questions.

I've user putr to create a 1.2c boot disk on of all things an XT clone and
it works well.  My boot is on rx33(much faster) and the tars are on TK50.

First depending on where you boot from the tk50 on a MVII is either
mt(if booted from tk50) or tms(if booted from rx33).  What goes here?

Next item:

1.2c edlabel

What is the point of edlabel if it does not write to disk?  Does it write
anywhere(I've verified it does not write to any disk, not even boot or
tape)?

EDLABEL comment: this is a FDISK?  if so why not a crude standalone tool
for this?  Either that or why broken?

What is the fix for this as I cannot get past edlabel as I cannot create a
real disk?  I have booted the miniroot but disktab has no data as to what
the media is and will not edit/write it as it's mounted read only.

While I wait for some answers/suggestions I'm trying to copy to the second
drive RD52 (as ra1) and from there do a disklabel of the RD53(ra0).  If this
works I can they copy to it and create a real system.

Also If I've followed the mail, ftp.luth.se/pub/netbsd/vaxport has the
1.2g???  If so I have it and will move it to rx33 for trying.

Allison