Subject: Re: Install from RX50
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Oliver Bruckauf <bruckauf@swt.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/01/1997 18:34:57
Hello again, Ragge,

> > > Are there anyone that ever have installed from RX50? I'm asking because
> > > it is _much_ simpler to install from RX50 than from TK50 (everything
> > > is much faster).
> >
> > I would have tried if the FAQ had a section on how to write the disks with
> > NetBSD and/or VMS. So how does one do this?
> >
> >From VMS i don't know, but from NetBSD it's just something like:
> $ dd if=disk1-rx50-12G of=/dev/rra1c
>
> Or whatever file or device you have.

so it's (of course) me again not knowing much about NetBSD (and the
device-names especially) again which I can only explain with the fact that
I have yet to manage to get NetBSD running on my uVAX. But with your new
kernel it looks promising... :-))

Oliver.

Oliver Bruckauf                            http://www.poboxes.com/bruckauf
                                               email: bruckauf@poboxes.com
TeamOS/2 Germany (#540)                                  Fido: 2:2448/1414
Words to the Wise:      Air conditioned environment - Do not open Windows.