Subject: Re: installation... what happend?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/01/1997 00:36:48
< I suppose I exagerated.  I ran 1.2C for a few months and it ran OK but ha
<severe problems compiling the world that I didn't have the patience to solv
<Still, it's a good way to get at 1.2G.  :)

Therein lies a goal.  First I need a basic system that can do things with a
modem.

<  Yes, that howto needs attacking.  Alas I can't volunteer at present.

We'll see.  I already tweeked the edlabel readme as I learn more I will do
more.  The edlabel thing is pretty wacked, it seems a simple standalone
program to write the partition info to the target disk and even install
the booter would be more direct.  Also default based on standard DEC disks
would be a good thing.

I'm headed toward an integrate doc for howto install on a microvaxII
with the nominal config (rd5x drives) using tk50. from there I will put it
on the vs2k I have which should be very close.

<  That step's really easy.  ;)

really, I havent the first clue what to do.  This is where knowing OSs is
not enough and the writers assume (far to heavily)  knowledge of unix.
There is enough info the be conceptually complete and nowhere near enough to
implement.

Allison