Subject: Re: installation... what happend?
To: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
From: Jake Blues (OFD) <shsrms@erols.Spamnot.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/31/1997 23:56:20
Allison J Parent wrote:
Allison,
I could be wrong but isn't the RD53 only 70MB?
the 54 is the 140 or so.
or 170 or soemthing that 53 is half of.

> I do the edlabel (rd53 only) ra0 I lifted the numbers out of the install
> and edlabel docs and 20k for a, 23k swap for b, 139600 for c, the rest 99k
> for e.
>
> reboot and run copy mt(0,1)  TK50 is mt not tms as in the install doc. Copy
> to ra(0,1)
>
> reboot and mount ra(0,1) I get:
> Nboot
> : ra(0,1)
> |
> 705 DBL err.
>     PC = 041E5008
> >>>
>I do this at nboot
: ra(0,0,1)netbsd
 for ra0 or
: ra(0,1,1)netbsed
for ra1.
IF you are using 1.1A or 1.2G
The other versions *1.2, 1.2a, 1.2b, 1.2c (a and b may have been
unofficial tests, I don't recall for sure). I was able to get 1.2C to
boot as usual but it would not write to my tape, was a little obstinate.

I recommend you get the new 1.2G kernel (I santched it from ftp.luth.se)
and the rest of the 1.2G files.  I recommend you avoid anything other
than 1.1A and 1.2G
hope this helps
Jake
: