Subject: Re: installation... what happend?
To: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/31/1997 23:37:14
Allison J Parent wrote:

> <  Are you playing with 1.2G or 1.2C?  1.2C is evil now that 1.2G is
> <available--avoid.
>
> I did write it was 1.2c and that was not an error.

  Oops--sorry, I didn't notice you say that.

> I've not seen anything that says 1.2c didn't work either, onlyn
> there were problems in spcific hardware.

  I suppose I exagerated.  I ran 1.2C for a few months and it ran OK but had
severe problems compiling the world that I didn't have the patience to solve.
Still, it's a good way to get at 1.2G.  :)

> <  Did you try stuff like "ra(0,1)netbsd"?
>
> The howtwo said ra(0,1)gennetbsd, WRONG!  It's ra(0,1)netbasd and it did
> come up

  Yes, that howto needs attacking.  Alas I can't volunteer at present.

> Now I have to copy /gennetbsd and /boot to the new root.  Ok another step
> to mess up.

  That step's really easy.  ;)
  Good luck with it.

--