Subject: Re: installation... what happend?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/31/1997 23:29:25
<From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
I plan to post a rewrite of that edlabel doc.

<  Are you playing with 1.2G or 1.2C?  1.2C is evil now that 1.2G is
<available--avoid.

I did write it was 1.2c and that was not an error.  Now 1.2g may be it but,
I have a tape that boots(nboot) and thats all I have.  Netbooting is not
possible.  I've not seen anything that says 1.2c didn't work either, onlyn
there were problems in spcific hardware.

<  Did you try stuff like "ra(0,1)netbsd"?

The howtwo said ra(0,1)gennetbsd, WRONG!  It's ra(0,1)netbasd and it did
come up

Now I have to copy /gennetbsd and /boot to the new root.  Ok another step
to mess up.

Allison