Subject: installation... what happend?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/31/1997 21:50:42
Here goes:

First what the system is:

BA23 Q-bus microvaxII (ka630)
9meg ram
TK50
DHV11
RQDX3 DUA0: RD53, DUA1: RD52
Delqa

This system has run ultrix and VMS before just before installing a blank
rd53.  the disk was known good and formatted for safety.  Known good system
and hardware.

Version 1.2c TK50

It boots to nboot.

I do the edlabel (rd53 only) ra0 I lifted the numbers out of the install
and edlabel docs and 20k for a, 23k swap for b, 139600 for c, the rest 99k
for e.

reboot and run copy mt(0,1)  TK50 is mt not tms as in the install doc. Copy
to ra(0,1)

reboot and mount ra(0,1) I get:
Nboot
: ra(0,1)

705 DBL err.
    PC = 041E5008

Ok DBL ERR is a bus fault due to reference to nowhere if my memory works.

Why?  Is MSCP ra disk correct? the install doc is very unclear on this.

Allison