Subject: Re: it's alive!
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/27/1997 17:23:11
On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > Now onto the challenge of 1.2G...

> Just fetch the kernel I uploaded yesterday; it should be just fine even in
> a 1.1 environment.

Some positive feedback:  I grabbed your new 1.2G kernel and it seems to be
working well on my MicroVAX II.  I've only had it running for maybe an
hour, but no crashing thus far.

I'm using the 1.2G binaries from my world compile of early July.  I've run
into a few glitches, but I imagine they'll go away with a recompile of the
utilities in question.  There are the previously mentioned "proc size
mismatch" errors with `w' and `ps' (no big deal), and then when I try to
compile something, `cpp' core dumps.  I would have used the official
snapshot binaries, but I'm at home and only have 33.6kbps access.  So my
home grown 1.2G binaries were the only reasonable ones to install.

Thanks for your efforts to fix 1.2G on the MicroVAX II.

-brian.
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --