Subject: Re: Can someone decipher this panic?
To: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/26/1997 16:31:08
Brian D Chase wrote:

> Pretend you've taken your BA123 enclosure and have tilted it on it's face
> ( I do not recommend actually doing this at work or home ).
>
>          A-B        C-D
>   ---+----------+---------+
>    1 | M7606 =============|
>    2 | M7608 =============|
>    3 | M3106 ===          |
>    4 | M7516YM==          |
>   ---+----------+---------+
>    5 | M7546====|M7555====|

  Looks good to me.

> For all I know the above configuration will be outrageously humorous to
> those in the know. Previously I'd stuffed any the open slot 3 and 4 C-D
> sections with double width cards.

  Bad bad.  The CD rows in slots 1-4 on the BA123 backplane are memory
interconnect slots.  The QBus proper is only on rows A and B.

> I thought I needed to keep all that
> free space plugged up.

  You do for slots 5 and up.
  I can't help with the rest; I've never seen 1.1A before.

--
David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/