Subject: Re: Can someone decipher this panic?
To: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/26/1997 15:27:03
Brian D Chase wrote:

> Other background info.  The KA630 reports v1.3 when booting.  I've got
> 5Megs of memory (1Meg on the processor board, and then 1 4Meg M7608).
> NetBSD reports seeing 9Megs at boot time, which was a little disturbing to
> me but it boots to miniroot okay.  Of course after running a half dozen or
> so commands the machine panics -- but it does function.

  This may sound a little dumb but do you have the single memory board
plugged in correctly?  ie. just to the left of the CPU board, attached to the
first interconnect cable connector?

--
David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/