Subject: Re: Booting 1.2G problem?
To: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/26/1997 19:00:19
> Natasha wrote:
> >
> > I have a uVII, 13MB, RD54, RQDX3, deqna, dhv, tk50.
> > I have bsd 1.2G on the disk follwoing the faq directions.
> > When I boot I get as far as the
> > updating motd.
> >
> > and it seems to hang forever.  Left it like that for 24 hours. Still
> > stuck.
> > Any ideas?
>
>   That sounds like what happens to me with the tsleep() problem.  Ragge implied
> that he had a fix for this, so I guess it's time for us to all sup again.
> Trouble is, I had to blow away my 1.2C configuration so all I can use are
> snapshots.  Guess I should make a 1.1A disk...

Yes, that problem is fixed. While I'm stress-testing this new kernel
before I make another set of bootfiles, a new kernel can be fetched
from ftp.luth.se:/pub/NetBSD/vaxport/netbsd. This can be installed
if you boot up single-user and only ftp the kernel. The point is; the
mm system may not reach the top of the physical memory.

-- Ragge