Subject: Re: Problems with the MSCP code
To: Thomas S. Traylor <ttraylor@titan.mcit.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/21/1997 17:12:35

> I was attempting to compile 1.2-Current yesterday and the compile made
> it all the way to mscp.c before it died.  I had added the option
> AVOID_EMULEX_BUG to my config file.  This in turned cause code in
> mscp.c (mscp_requeue) not to compile. Here is the section that didn't
> compile:

Correct. AVOID_EMULEX_BUG is an ancient option to support SC21 cards,
and I have never even tried to make it work under NetBSD.

> I would like to use AVOID_EMULEX_BUG because I'm trying to get a
> UC04/M controller to work.  Has this feature (AVOID_EMULEX_BUG) been
> done away with?

The UC04 has another problem that makes it not work. I have one of
those cards here, but cannot get it to work correctly even under
Ultrix 4.5. (It works with Ultrix 3.0!) I think that there are some
serious failure with that card.

-- Ragge