Subject: Re: Console power off >>>
To: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@blackhole.arkham.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/17/1997 23:37:27
Allison J Parent drunkenly mumbled...

> It is a vax hardware thing.  If you power down the terminal it is the same
> as sending "break" and if enabled the vax will interrupt to the console boot

this is the behaivor of sun hardware as well.

> rom.  Most vaxen have a switch or jumpers on the cpu card to disable that
> feature.

however sun hardware doesn't have that switch.  if you don't have this switch
on your particular vax then i can look up the bypass method which involves
a resistor across the correct two pins it will disable this. my guess is this
is pretty much what the switch Allison is talking about does.

-brian

--
** Brian Hechinger ** wonko@mail.arkham.net ** http://www.arkham.net **