Subject: Re: VS3100/M38 own kernel building problem: one more data point
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/15/1997 11:59:06
On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> [Old message: my selfmade VS3100/M38 kernels can't net-mount the root
> fs: they say "revarp: error 51" (that should be network unreachable).]

Do other kernels like the netbsd-1.2G-VS from Bertram work okay on your
VAXstation 3100?  The kernels I've compiled from a semi-current 1.2G
sources work on both my VS3100/M38 and M30, but they were without any mods
to the sources.  Not that knowing that helps you really.  If it's just a
matter of compiling a kernel with a specific configuration, I'd be willing
to compile a kernel for you.  This might eliminate the possibility of
there being a quirk in your source tree.

> I tcpdumped, and found that Vaxeline tries to
> whois ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff tell vaxline
>
> instead of
>
> whois vaxeline tell vaxeline
> Does this ring any bells?

I've never seen that particular problem before.

-brian.
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --