Subject: Re: Bugfixes + new snapshot.
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/08/1997 22:27:08
On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> Forget my earlier message. Turned out to be a protection problem.
>
> However:
>
> did, whoever claimed that the VaxStation 3100/M38 is supported now, (I don't
> remember) check SCSI disk access?

Hey, I said the machine was supported.  I didn't say that it supported
any hard drives :-)  I'm still trying to figure out how/if I can label and
build a filesystem on a 400Meg Seagate I've got.  The network only config
seems to be pretty stable for me on my VS3100/38 as well.  Heck, I used
it to compile world once I got an OpenBSD/i386 based NFS file server in
place.

> related question:
>
> can somebody PLEASE compile a polled-only scsi kernel for me, so that I can
> get started?

Send me a config file, and I'll build you a kernel.

-brian.
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --