Subject: Re: Help with install- What would be the best thing to do?
To: None <fluke@mcs.com>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/08/1997 21:26:06
Greg Linder wrote:

> 	I had many suggestions to install with floppy, but I don't have
> access to floppy drives for my uVAX II... I really would like to install
> this from tape, but I suppose I could dig up a RX-50 and find a 5.25"
> drive for one of my PC's.. I'd like to see what I can do about getting
> Kermit going first.

  Or if you're the patient type you could find a 1.2MB floppy drive and,
likely, use the same drive on the PC to write the disks and on the uVAX II as
an RX33.
  BTW, I've run out of steam with 1.2G.  I can't get it to boot multiuser--it
dies with the infamous tsleep() problem, usually while checking quotas.

--
David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/