Subject: Re: New snapshot
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Oliver Bruckauf <bruckauf@swt.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/07/1997 14:48:29
Hello Anders,

> This should work. Are you sure that you succeeded copy your miniroot
> to the swap partition?

I did it the same way as with the old one. That one bootet the miniroot
but failed later. (As described in "installation woes", you got the mail?)

> You can, if you want to, also load the kernel directly from the tape.
> Just type:
> : mt(0,1)netbsd
> and your kernel will load just fine. If it doesn't; you have failed to
> create the boot tape.

I'm trying this right now to make shure. I will report later.

Oliver.

Oliver Bruckauf                            http://www.poboxes.com/bruckauf
                                               email: bruckauf@poboxes.com
TeamOS/2 Germany (#540)                                  Fido: 2:2448/1414
Words to the Wise:      Air conditioned environment - Do not open Windows.