Subject: Re: RD53 (micropolis) spindown disease
To: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/06/1997 23:50:53
Allison J Parent wrote:

> Anyone happen to know the fix for RD53s that spin down after a few
> minutes?  I have three I bgelive have good media and this problem.

  As an addendum to the brake problem Boris Gjenero described to me his
solution--deactivate the head-positioning servo until the disk has spun up.
I don't recall the details of where the connector is as I haven't done this
surgury on my RD53s but I'm sure he'll chip in here soon enough.

--
David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/