Subject: Help with install- What would be the best thing to do?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brooke Zitny/ Greg Linder <fluke@mcs.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/04/1997 11:13:30
	I have a uVAX II and a 3100 m38 on which I would like to place
netbsd. Unfortunately, I have no way to get the snapshots and boot images
onto TK-50 tape to get them into the machines, nor do I have access to a
network to install onto the m38 with the mop loader. All I have is Kermit
on the II, but it is refusing to recognize my serial ports. I have a
4-port DZQ11 M3106 card installed.
	I am sorry if this message is off topic, but I really want BSD on
these machines, and kermit is preventing me from doing it. I suppose my
real question is this:
	After I configure my serial ports under VMS, using:

     SET TERMINAL TTA0:/SPEED=19200/NOSET_SPEED/MODEM/DIALUP/HANGUP/DMA -
     /NOPARITY/TYPEAHEAD/ALTYPEAHD/DISCONNECT/HOSTSYNC/TTSYNC/LINE_EDIT -
     /EIGHTBIT/INSERT/FULLDUP/DEVICE_TYPE=VT100/PERMANENT

	And then try and run Kermit, Kermit acknowledges the modem, with
the show com command, and the modem lights are on (except for HS) like
they should be, but when I try to dial with Kermit, the modem just sits
there. Any thoughts?

	   Greg Linder
	   fluke@mcs.com