Subject: RE: SCSI cables for a VAXstation 3100/30
From: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/28/1997 10:10:50
On Sat, 28 Jun 1997, Robert Byer wrote:

> >Hi, does anyone have a SCSI cable, or know where I can find one for a
> >VAXstation 3100/30 .. the internal connector is 100 pins, and the
> >external one is 68 I think. I was running it with NetBSD/vax mounted NFS
> >root.  But I would really like to have it standalone.

> Try e-mailing this guy, "system@ipg.keyways.com".
>
> He is a used/new DEC dealer over in Ohio and has great prices, this is
> where I got my SCSI cable for my 3100 (I think it was around $45.00 or so.)

There's a company by the name of "Cable Depot" based out of Norcross,
Georgia.  They sell a 68pin to 50 centronics.  No price is listed in the
product listings I've got, but it might be worth checking into.

The item is listed with part number 2711-SCSI-3
Web: http://www.cabledepot.com/

-brian.
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --