Subject: Re: Bugs being fixed.
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/28/1997 14:46:32

>   Hey man...NetBSD/vax started out on a VAX-11/750.  Roughtly 1/8 the
> speed of a 3100/38.  Don't complain. ;)

It takes 10 days to compile the world on an 11/750. FYI :-)

>   On another subject...Awhile back, I heard somewhere that there's a
> group of folks working on some sort of multiprocessing support for
> NetBSD.  Has anyone heard about this?  I've got a VAXstation 3540
> hangin' out here with four CPUs.  That'd be fun. :)

I did a hack a while back to start the second CPU on a 8350, and got
it to do some nasty things. It's very easy to kick off the other CPUs,
just a few lines of code, compared to a Dual PPro 200 which required
~700 lines of code just to find out that there are an extra CPU :-)

-- Ragge