Subject: Re: NetBSD installation problem
To: Yuri N.Gaystruk <yuri@aokzts.e-burg.ru>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/28/1997 14:32:19
Hello again, now I'm back after a pair of weeks in east europe, and will
try to do as much NetBSD/vax hacking as I can the next weeks :-)

We start with this:

> 2..
> -MUA0
> 1..0..
>
> ? 50 SCB2NDINT, MUA0
> ? 06 HLT INST
>           PC=00000C1A

I am rather sure that this problem is _not_ NetBSD related, it happens
before the NetBSD boot blocks are loaded. I think that it is caused by
the way that the tapes are written. I remember a couple of years ago
that people ran into very strange problems when trying to create boot
tapes from VMS. IIRC this may happen if the tape had previously been
written with other block size, for example. VMS didn't rewrite it with
the new blocksize.

-- Ragge