Subject: Re: 1.2G is my friend.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <zach@acsu.buffalo.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/27/1997 10:38:13
> so what you are saying is i can take your kernel and dd it to a
> floppy and boot my vs2k from said floppy??
> (this wasn't true in the past, just making sure)

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't compiling a 'generic'
kernel on any one of a uVaxII, vs2k, vs3k produce a kernel which will
run on all of the supported lines, since they each contain support
for the cpus (as listed VAX630, VAX650, VAX730 ....)

> What are the device names for my two DHV11's

I've found reviewing MAKEDEV in /dev to be the best way of learning
this. That, and MAKEDEV dhv0|dhv1 and then 'ls -ltr', to find out
what devices were just made. (this worked great with dz0 for my dzq11 :-)

> is PPP supported (as in, my vax dialing my ISP)?

PPP was in 1.1a (and still works great for me). I don't recall seeing
anything that said it'd been dropped.

Zach