Subject: Re: 1.2G is my friend.
To: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buck_c@polygon.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/27/1997 09:09:03
Brian D Chase wrote:

> Unless it violates some sacred protocol, I'd be happy to make an
> unofficial binary distribution of my 1.2G stuff, just so people don't
> experience the broken util headaches of moving from 1.2C -> 1.2G
> themselves.  No bootable tapes or disks though, I don't have the magic
>
> recipe for those.

Questions: Is this the -generic kernel, will it run on a uVII?

Also, on a more general note: What are the device names for my two
DHV11s, and is PPP supported (as in, my vax dialing my ISP)?

I would love a snapshot - I have my system booting 1.1a, and the thought
of compiling the world is frightening..
--
J. Buck Caldwell

               Engineer - Technical Support - Webmaster
Polygon, Inc.         email:buck_c@polygon.com   phone: (314) 432-4142
PO Box 8470            http://www.polygon.com/     fax: (314) 997-9696
St. Louis, MO 63132     ftp://ftp.polygon.com/     bbs: (314) 997-9682