Subject: Re: 1.2G is my friend.
To: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
From: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/26/1997 21:02:49
On Thu, 26 Jun 1997, David Evans wrote:

> Brian D Chase wrote:
> > Finally, all the compiles and installation are done for 1.2G.  Of course
> > now I need to update it to keep current :-\

>   What version did you use to compile 1.2G?  1.2C?

Ooooh, this is sort of a sore point for me.  I used 1.2C -- and what a
pain it was.  Sort of like hacking your way through the jungle with a
butter knife.  There are half a dozen or more key utilities which need
recompiling before you should even dare to compile 1.2G with the latest
1.2C snapshot.

Now that I've gotten up to semi-current with 1.2G, I'm going to have
another go at recompiling the latest sources for 1.2G.  Hopefully I won't
meet near as much resistance as I encountered in the initial compilation.

--

Unless it violates some sacred protocol, I'd be happy to make an
unofficial binary distribution of my 1.2G stuff, just so people don't

-brian.
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --