Subject: Re: DEC server 300
To: Javier Henderson <javier@kjsl.com>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/24/1997 06:42:08
On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Javier Henderson wrote:

> Rick Copeland writes:
>
>  > I would like to know if it is possible to connect a DEC server 300 up to a
>  > uVAX 3600 running 1.1a and have it work.
>  > I have not seen the DEC server 300 listed in the VAX/Netbsd equipment list
>  > nor have I seen any postings regarding this hardware.
>
> The DS300 supports TCP/IP for terminal sessions, so you'd be OK
> as far as connecting to the host running NetBSD.
>
> The problem would be loading the software that the DS300 runs. It only
> supports MOP.

No. I used a DS300 when I wrote mopd to test MOP V3 vs MOP V4 support.
But I don't think mopd will work on 1.1a (lack of bpf support or
multicast in the ethernet driver, I don't remember which). But another
NetBSD/OpenBSD/Linux/FreeBSD/BSDI/SunOS4 machine would be able to load
it.

> -javier

-moj

Mats O Jansson, CelsiusTech Systems, Jaerfaella, Sweden
email: maja@celsiustech.se (or moj@stacken.kth.se)