Subject: Re: 1.2G and kernel panics.
To: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
From: Oscar Oberg <Oscar.Oberg@abc.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/23/1997 11:29:52
On Sun, 22 Jun 1997, Brian D Chase wrote:

> 1.2G has been panicing on me when I hit my VS3100 with long compiles.
> It's happened to me three times now in the middle of my efforts to
> `make build' all the 1.2G sources.
>
> The most recent panic output the following.  The previous two panics also
> referenced "Segv in kernel mode: rv 1"

I'm not sure what the exact error message was, but my VS2000 panic'ed when
i tried to compile bash. It happened after it had run through configure
and had started compiling the first file. I'm going over-seas for the
summer now (will be back around august 3rd), but when I get back I'll try
it again and copy the panic message for you all.

Oscar