Subject: Re: Woe to the VAXherds...
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/20/1997 21:29:49
On Fri, 20 Jun 1997, Curt Sampson wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jun 1997, Paul A Vixie wrote:

> > It's not running netbsd at the moment, in fact the disks are formatted
> > but otherwise empty.  I don't own a TK50 so I'm going to be in MOP hell
> > getting this going.

> It's actually dead easy to get it going via MOP, especially if you
> already have NetBSD-current around. NetBSD-current comes with mopd,
> otherwise you have to download it. This takes the place of the
> first-stage rarp/tftp on Suns. After that, it boots just like a

Well, I believe there's still the issue of support for stand-alone
ethernet drivers in the bootloader for at least the DEQNA card, and I
believe the other Q-bus based adapters as well.  I think the only machines
which support netbooting are the ones with lance ethernet.

-brian.
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --