Subject: Re: How About Some Images for 1.2G?
To: Kevin McQuiggin <mcquiggi@sfu.ca>
From: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/20/1997 16:53:06
On Fri, 20 Jun 1997, Kevin McQuiggin wrote:

> I hear that 1.2G is looking good for the Microvax II. Will file1, file2,
> and the various binaries (tar files for /bin, /usr, etc) be going onto the
> ftp site?

Maybe it's looking good for the MicroVAX II :-)  I haven't heard annoyone
in the port-vax list saying anything on it one way or the other.  The
kernel seems to be running fine on my VS3100's at least... But then I
didn't have many problems with 1.2C either.

It would be nice to have a new snapshot for 1.2G.  I know I'm having some
difficulties in just moving my system from 1.2C to 1.2G.  The troff
command keeps dumping with Signal 11 on me every time my `make's get to
the point where they process the man pages.  I'm hoping that recompiling
the *roff commands will fix my problems (waiting on the compile as I
type).

---

I asked a couple days back for information on the layout of the boot
tapes, but haven't gotten any responses yet.  I might try to disect the
existing images just to see if I'm clever enough to figure them out on my
own.

-brian.
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --