Subject: How About Some Images for 1.2G?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin McQuiggin <mcquiggi@sfu.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/20/1997 15:26:40
Hi All:

I hear that 1.2G is looking good for the Microvax II. Will file1, file2,
and the various binaries (tar files for /bin, /usr, etc) be going onto the
ftp site?

My Microvax II is pretty much screwed up, stuck between 1.1A and 1.2C, with
very poor "compile" capability (i.e. most compiles bomb out with various
errors due to incompatiblities stemming from an unsuccessful/aborted
attempt to move from a stable 1.1A to 1.2 a few months ago). Please don't
suggest that "you need to update config", etc, I went through that whole
process (config and then a bunch of other stuff that needed upgrading) at
that time and screwed up the system big time. It still boots but is quite
unstable. I think that this instability is due to bugs inherent in 1.2C. I
gave up on 1.2C and have been netbooting the machine into VMS when it runs
at all.

I would prefer not to have to re-download and re-install 1.1A, just so that
I could then download the source to 1.2G, and then make world. It would be
nice to have 1.2G simply available for d/l and install.

Thanks,

Kevin

---
Kevin McQuiggin VE7ZD