Subject: net booting a MVII
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/19/1997 11:47:03
I vaguely remember seeing some discussion on MOP working for the VS2000.
If so, it should work for the MVII with a net card, as well? (At least,
it should be close to working:-) I think the boot command is:
>>>b xqa0
or something like that?

The one with the wide cable (M7555?) is the disk controller. There is no
qdss driver yet (it wouldn't take a lot of work to get the qd.c out of
4.4Lite working, but I don't think it's happened), but you should be able
to get it up by plugging a terminal into the serial console port on the
back. Maybe smebody can cut a bootable TK50 tape for you. (I can't at the
moment, but I've got a stack of old TK50 cartridges I'll donate to someone
who is willing to do it for postage:-)

It shouldn't take much to get qd.c going so that X11R5 works. Most of the
futzing about will be for the console glass tty, which you don't need if
you've got a terminal plugged into the console serial port. (You'll need
X11R5, since the qdss support didn't go into R6.)

Good luck with it, rick
ps: Hopefully others can fill in the blanks, I've been out of touch lately.