Subject: Re: arp -s
To: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/19/1997 06:54:15
Brian D Chase writes:
[...]
> I've been holding out for some mods to the scsi driver related to VS3100's
> with less than two SCSI controllers.  Barring a real fix, now that I'm
> sort of like the Village Idiot of compiling NetBSD/VAX -- I'm planning on
> compiling some new kernels with support for `ncr1' and `ncr0' removed.
>
> This should (I'm hoping) allow less fortunate VS3100 owners with to
> network boot their machines even if they don't have a super sleek
> SCSI/SCSI controller in their fiery fast VS3100.

Sorry for the delay, but i wanted to check some swap-related things before
providing another test-kernel (which didn't work out ;-/)

Anyway, I've uploaded an 1.2G kernel for 3100's on our ftp-server ifib4
which should now correctly probe for the existence of the SCSI controllers
before using them, so that people without SCSI/SCSI might use that.
I couldn't really test it since I'm having SCSI/SCSI only...

Ciao,
	bertram

PS: I've temporarily added some debug messages to support bug reports ;-)