Subject: Now for the Biggie:
To: port-vax@netbsd.org <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buck_c@polygon.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/18/1997 15:16:06
I've successfully (yay!) gotten v1.1a installed, running, booting, etc.
on my uVII. I would dearly love to upgrade to v1.2G, as a matter of
fact, I'm downloading the sources right now
(/netbsd-current/tar_files/src/*). Now, the big question: Is there
anybody out there who can write a step-by-step guide to compiling the
lot? Not to mention config, where to put stuff, what makefiles to use,
(hell, what commands to use)? I'm a DOS and Netware programmer
currently, learning Win32, so I'm not totaly without clue, but this Unix
stuff is mostly new to me. (Give me some credit, I did get 1.1a running
in less that 5 tries.) I'm assuming that gnu.tar.gz is the gnu C
compiler - what other files/info (not included in the \tar_files\src
dir) will I need? And does 1.2G correctly support the uVII? I know the
3-15-97 release of 1.2 did not (at least the boot/edlabel/copy didn't).

Some background: Machine is uVII, -AA processor, 16Megs memory, (2) RD54
drives, TK50, (2) DHV11 serial cards (say, does 1.2a support PPP yet?),
qe0.
--
J. Buck Caldwell

               Engineer - Technical Support - Webmaster
Polygon, Inc.         email:buck_c@polygon.com   phone: (314) 432-4142
PO Box 8470            http://www.polygon.com/     fax: (314) 997-9696
St. Louis, MO 63132     ftp://ftp.polygon.com/     bbs: (314) 997-9682