Subject: Re: Bugs being fixed.
To: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/17/1997 01:36:50
> > I'd recommend *everyone* to upgrade to 1.2G as soon as possible.
>
> this is good info.
>
> > Sorry that I can't fix any boot files though...
>
> I'd love to try but I'm still trying to figure out how to get boot files
> on my vax to try.
>
>  FYI the only option I think I have is to get the sources and fire up
>  VAX-C compiler (under VMS) and crunch them. I'm still stuck on how to
>  write them to a disk to actually boot them.  I can't compile the entire
>  system as I'd guess 71meg is not enough free disk for it.
>
>  Any offers to create a TK50 with 1.2g bootable!

Note that I don't know the status of the boot block or boot program in
1.2G, those two might still be a problem. I haven't tried any new versions
of those. I have a special hacked version on my 3500, which work, and I'm
not keen on experimenting here... :-)

I *need* the pinout for the flat cable to the RA7x drives, so that I can
connect another drive to my machine. Then I'd be able to experiment
without overwriting my working boot block...

	Johnny