Subject: Re: Bugs being fixed.
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@blackhole.arkham.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/16/1997 20:39:42
Dave McGuire drunkenly mumbled...

>   Go for it! :-)

gotta drag my butt to Troy, NY and go get it first. (yea) and then i need to
find a way to power it. :)

>   That's excellent news!  This being NetBSD, I'm sure there'll be some
> motivation for making as much of it machine-independent as possible.
> I really hope that happens.

well, from what i know, they are working on i386 specific SMP support.  knowing
Eric at least.. i'm sure they will make it as hardware independant as they can,
however, keep in mind that SMP is a very hardware specific thing.  in it's
current state it works, however it doesn't support individual CPU locking and
relies on locking both CPUs at one, not great, but at least you can use more
than one CPU.  also, working on individual CPU locking is in the works as we
speak.  i don't know if their SMP supports more than two CPUs at the moment.
i'll probably talk to Eric about it tomorrow.

-brian

--
** Brian Hechinger ** wonko@mail.arkham.net ** http://www.arkham.net **
--