Subject: Re: Bugs being fixed.
To: Tim Shoppa <shoppa@alph01.triumf.ca>
From: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/16/1997 17:16:12
On Mon, 16 Jun 1997, Tim Shoppa wrote:

> Another naive question: suppose I do track down a bug and fix it.
> How do my fixes get merged back into the "official" sources?  Do
> I e-mail them to somebody?  Is there some automated procedure
> where I put them in some incoming directory at ftp.netbsd.org and
> they get automagically merged into the NetBSD-current sources?
>
> Tim. (shoppa@triumf.ca)

Given Jason Thorpe's input to the mailing list last week, this whole
process is a lot more clear to me now.  I do this it's just a matter of
becoming used to and making use of the bug reporting facilites provided to
the NetBSD community through their send-pr and/or bug reporting web pages.

It also sounds like there's a lot of flexibility provided for reporting
bugs as well as reporting solutions.  So I guess I'm relatively content
with the provided mechanism for handling bugs.  (Though it seems like it's
common accepted practice to just mail bugs and fixes directly to Ragge.
:-)

-brian.
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --