Subject: RE: Alright, damnit, this is getting annoying.
To: 'NetBSD/VAX list' <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/12/1997 08:50:58
I'd have to disagree with you Dave. I'm running 1.2 release on my uVAXII
and it has been very stable:

vaxine:~> uptime
 8:42AM  up 83 days, 11:23, 1 user, load averages: 0.46, 0.29, 0.24
vaxine:~>

I'm using a kernel that I built from the 1.2 sources.

I didn't try to install 1.2 from the TK50 tapes though, I already had
the system up with 1.1 so I just ftp'ed the .tar files over.

If I were installing a new system today I guess I'd try to use the 1.1
boot tapes to install a 1.2 system.

Apart from that I agree, we seriously need a new snapshot (with working
boot/install tapes this time). The snapshot should include the source so
that we have a frozen set of both binaries and source that we know work
(just like they're going to do with the next i386 snapshot).

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2