Subject: Re: Alright, damnit, this is getting annoying.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/12/1997 08:13:18
> My current problem is that the system don't swap. I'm searching for the
> bug right now...

In the meantime i've upgraded to 1.2F and re-checked both swapping on
SCSI and swapping on nfs. For my machine it turned out that the machine
starts swapping reliable, but then it breaks.

- on the scsi-variant this might be due to the SCSI-driver, i didn't
  have enough time to go deeper into that yet.
- on the nfs variant some pages are swapped out, but obviously not enough
  or not fast enough to keep the system running, this might be related to
  the fact that i'm using my uVAX-II as nfs-server for swap. I can see
  some pages geing swapped out, the free-memory decreases to zero, and it's
  the same as before. I don't know if this is really related to the
  slowness of this nfs-server, but i have no other explanation/clues.

Do you have more info about the swap problem? Have you found the reasons?

Ciao,
	bertram

PS: What kind of disks are you using which prevent vmstat from working?