Subject: QDSS and X
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/12/1997 08:01:36
Boris Gjenero writes:
> I have noticed that there is QDSS driver code in the kernel.  However,
> it isn't listed as supported hardware and there are no corresponding
> lines in the config file ("qd0 on uba0").  So, could NetBSD/vax actually
> use a QDSS or not?

There's no QDSS driver code in the kernel. It's just a copy of the
4.4BSD-Lite sources lying around for further use...

And No, NetBSD/vax can't use QDSS/QVSS/xxx for now.

> Also, what about 4.3BSD and 4.4BSD-Lite?  The sources seem to be on the
> net in various places, they also have VAX support, and they definitely
> seem to have MicroVAX II and QDSS support.

Yes, there are quite a few sources available (don't forget the pmax port),
but nobody ever succeeded in integrating...

Ciao,
	bertram