Subject: Re: Bugtracking...
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/12/1997 02:39:25
On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jun 1997 01:49:38 +0200 (MET DST)
>  Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE> wrote:
>
>  > Let's start compiling a problems-list with the system, and people who have
>  > actual solutions can post them as well.
>
> ...there is already a problems list!  It's called the NetBSD bugs database,
> and you can submit bug reports to it (which will be tracked in the database)
> using the send-pr(1) program that comes with NetBSD.  It gives you a little
> form to fill out... your category for VAX-specific bugs is port-vax (there
> is a list at the top of the form).

Aha. Didn't know about that one, and maybe a lot more people didn't, since
there are quite some hollering here...

>  > Someone who likes to play HTML can then collect the information and make
>  > it available over the web.
>
> ...see http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/query-pr.html  :-)

Pretty neat. However, can anyone fill in responses to others reports?

And finally, the usability of that tool depends on how many on this list
will check it regularly, and that seem not to be today...

email might work better on the short practical problems people have. These
problems might very well depend on bugs in the vax port, but if someone
has a fix for it already, people want that fix, and to get Ragge to
include it. :-)

And what about plain problems getting things to run?

	Johnny